Find out if we're a good fit & get your homeopathy questions answered.Free discovery session
What Are Tissue (Cell) Salts?
Schussler’s Tissue Salts (also known as biochemical or cell salts) are potentized micro-doses of the 12 essential minerals your body needs to repair and maintain itself. They are prepared in homeopathic 6X potencies that are gentle enough to be used by the youngest to the eldest member of your family. They can even be used with pets.
The 12 Cell Salts are:
- No.1 Calc fluor – Calcium Fluoride – Tissue elasticity/veins/ligaments
- No. 2 Calc phos – Calcium Phosphate – Teeth/bones
- No. 3 Calc sulf – Calcium Sulphate – Skin/mucus membranes
- No. 4 Ferr phos – Phosphate of Iron – Anti-inflammatory/blood
- No. 5 Kali mur – Potassium Chloride – Mucus membranes/blood
- No. 6 Kali phos – Potassium Phosphate – Nerve, malaise
- No. 7 Kali sulf – Potassium Sulphate – Skin/mucus membranes
- No. 8 Mag phos – Magnesium Phosphate – Muscles/nerves/Pain & cramp killer
- No. 9 Nat mur – Sodium Chloride – Water distributor/skin
- No. 10 Nat phos – Sodium Phosphate – Acidity neutralizer/G.I track
- No. 11 Nat sulf – Sodium Sulphate – Liver cleanser/head
- No. 12 Silicea – Silicic Oxide – Skin/hair/teeth/nails
History of Tissue Salts
Dr. Wilhelm H. Schuessler, a German physician, biochemist, and homeopath, identified twelve inorganic minerals present in each cell essential for cellular metabolism.
These minerals include forms of calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, silica and sodium. These essential salts act as catalysts for cellular biochemical processes within the human body.
Schuessler proposed that illness, or any symptom, was related to a deficiency in one or more of these twelve major minerals and when a deficiency is corrected normal cellular function, health is restored and symptoms are resolved. Throughout years of research, Schuessler identified that it was the compositions of these minerals which determined cellular function and differentiation. Therefore, it is clear and well-proven that a balance of these twelve bio-salts are a vital component required for healthy cellular activity.
The inorganic (mineral) elements, however, although present in very much smaller quantities, are the really vital elements, the active workers which utilize the inactive substances in building the millions of cells of which the body is composed.
If the blood lacks the necessary quantities of these active, life-giving, inorganic elements then the rebuilding process cannot proceed in a normal manner and this gives rise to a disorder or ailment of the body.
Benefits of Taking Tissue Salts
Taking cell salts has a number of benefits. When you take a cell salt you are supplying your body with the essential micro-nutrients that enable your body to rebuild itself on a cellular level. Because they are prepared homeopathically, tissue salts are much more easily absorbed by our cells than from typical supplements or even our foods.
- Absorbed rapidly
- Pleasant tasting
- Convenient to carry
- Non-toxic and non-addictive
- Safe to use with prescription medicines
- Suitable for broad, general health complaints (unlike classic homeopathy, which requires more precise symptom matching).
I highly recommend taking tissue salts. However, you should take them in conjunction with a healthy diet, exercise program, and lifestyle. Here are my tips:
- Drink plenty of filtered water
- Eat for your blood type
- Avoid GMO foods
- Drop grains from your diet
- Switch to grass-fed animal products
- Cut out toxic vegetable oils
- Exercise regularity
- Find 10-15 mins a day to deeply breathe with intention
- Have a nighttime routine that makes you happy and relaxed
If you’d like to get to know more about incorporating Schuessler’s tissue salts into your wellness routine, you can book an appointment with me for a Schuessler Tissue Salts Therapeutic Service.
If you’re interested in further reading, check out these resources about tissue salts:
- Miranda Castro provides a great introduction to the tissue salts on her website: https://mirandacastro.com/gentle-little-souls-all-about-the-cell-salts-by-miranda-castro/
- Dr. Schuessler’s Website (https://schuesslertissuesalts.com.au )
- Article by Homeopathy Plus – Schuessler’s Tissue Salts – A Medicine Chest for the Whole Family (https://homeopathyplus.com/tissue-salts-a-complete-medicine-chest-for-the-home-prescriber/ )
- Video – Introduction to Biochemic Tissue Salts by Dr Ana Klikovac (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLNjNlgukBk)
I highly recommend the following books for those who have an interest in getting a full understanding about cell salts:
Homeopathic Cell Salt Remedies: Healing with Nature’s Twelve Mineral Compounds
Facial Diagnosis of Cell Salt Deficiencies: A User’s Guide Paperback
Tissue Salts for Healthy Living
12 Essential Minerals for Cellular Health: An Introduction To Cell Salts
Nature’s 12 Magic Healers: Using Homeopathic Cell Salts to Protect or Restore Health